PHP Classes

Scrambled output

Recommend this page to a friend!

GIF images into animated GIF with native PHP class  >  All threads  >  Scrambled output  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Scrambled output
Summary:view.php produces incorrect gifs
Author:Gamaiel Zavala
Date:2007-02-01 07:28:43
Update:2007-02-03 10:19:31

1. Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Gamaiel Zavala Gamaiel Zavala - 2007-02-01 07:28:43
When I run the view.php example script the resulting gifs are scrambled. It seems like each row of pixels is progressively off by around 4 pixels.

I'm running MAMP (a precompiled binary) on Mac OS X, here's the config:
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.1.6; GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

2. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-02 14:39:29 - In reply to message 1 from Gamaiel Zavala
Hi,

The last version of GifMerge class also have much small errors during generate animation none the less this class has been multiple corrected.
Accordingly I just thought I will create a new class again...
Uploaded this new class ( GIFEncoder.class.php ) after you leaved this message.
This class is smaller ( about 6Kb ), faster and it have cleared functions and does not modified any bytes of original gif frames when generate animation.
First try this new class and if your problem henceforward exists please leave a reply.
Class constructor differents are:
-Original class => new GifMerge ( frames, transparent RGB, looop, delays, disposal, offsetX, offsetY, source mode );

-Modified new class => new GIFEncoder ( frames, delays, loop, disposal, transparent RGB, source mode );

Refards,
László Zsidi

3. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-02 14:41:29 - In reply to message 1 from Gamaiel Zavala
Hi,

The last version of GifMerge class also have much small errors during generate animation none the less this class has been multiple corrected.
This class is smaller ( about 6Kb ), faster and it have cleared functions and does not modified any bytes of original gif frames when generate animation.
First try this new class and if your problem henceforward exists please leave a reply.
-Original class => new GifMerge ( frames, transparent RGB, looop, delays, disposal, offsetX, offsetY, source mode );

-Modified new class => new GIFEncoder ( frames, delays, loop, disposal, transparent RGB, source mode );

Refards,
László Zsidi

4. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-02 14:41:53 - In reply to message 1 from Gamaiel Zavala
Hi,

Refards,
László Zsidi

5. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-02 14:44:36 - In reply to message 1 from Gamaiel Zavala
Hi,

Refards,
László Zsidi

6. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-02 14:45:42 - In reply to message 5 from László Zsidi
Sorry for multiple replies, it was my IE bug...

7. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Gamaiel Zavala Gamaiel Zavala - 2007-02-03 06:33:36 - In reply to message 2 from László Zsidi
Hi Laszlo,
I can't seem to find your new class, GIFEncoder. Not here, or gifs.hu, or search. Can you provide the url?

8. Re: Scrambled output   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of László Zsidi László Zsidi - 2007-02-03 10:19:31 - In reply to message 7 from Gamaiel Zavala
Go to "http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3163.html" URL and you can find at the bottom of page archives " gifmerge-2007-02-01.zip" or " gifmerge-2007-02-01.tar.gz".
You can download the new GifMerge/GIFEncoder class from links.
On my website "http://gifs.hu/phpclasses/index.php?m=gifmerge" exists the last older version of GifMerge, this page waiting for reconstruction yet.

p.s.:
If you cannot possibly to do download the newest version give me your email address and I will send you as an attached file.

László