PHP Classes

Tried the ValidateEmailAddress() method to no avail.

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Email validation  >  All threads  >  Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:G. S.
Date:2007-11-19 19:10:24
Update:2009-06-24 22:27:46

G. S. rated this package as follows:

Utility: Not sure
Consistency: Not sure
Examples: Not sure

1. Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of G. S. G. S. - 2007-11-19 19:10:24
Tried the ValidateEmailAddress() method to no avail. I tried my yahoo and gmail account as well as my current work email address and got back : Resolving host name "gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com"... Connecting to host address "209.85.147.27"... Failed. Resolving host name "alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com"... Connecting to host address "216.239.59.27"... Failed. Resolving host name "gsmtp183.google.com"... Connecting to host address "64.233.183.27"... Failed. Resolving host name "gsmtp183.google.com"... Connecting to host address "64.233.183.27"... Failed. Resolving host name "gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com"... Connecting to host address "209.85.147.114"... Failed. -1

2. Re: Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2007-11-19 19:30:40 - In reply to message 1 from G. S.
It seems your machine is not able to connect to Yahoo and Gmail SMTP servers. It is very likely that there is a firewall in the middle blocking SMTP connections at at least to those networks. If you are not sure, ask your system administrator.

3. Re: Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bill Koerner Bill Koerner - 2009-06-24 15:54:32 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Hello,

First off, thanks for the effort, I can use this functionality.

My site is hosted by Yahoo, and they have disabled the fsockopen and pfsockopen functions... Any idea how to implement the same functionality by NOT using the fsockopen function?

4. Re: Tried the ValidateEmailAddress()...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2009-06-24 22:27:46 - In reply to message 3 from Bill Koerner
Most of what the class does relies on being able to establish an emulated SMTP connection to the e-mail address SMTP server.

The class also validates the domain address checking the DNS but you do not need the whole class for that, just call GetDNSRR function.

If your hosting is that crippled, maybe you need to try a better hosting service.